What does VoWiFi technology stand for?
“Voice Over Wi-Fi” is a service that enables you to make calls via Wi-Fi connection and send SMS messages.
What features does VoWiFi technology provide subscribers?
- Call or message anyone from anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection
- Extends coverage in areas where no cellular network reaches Such as high places, basements and remote places
- Calls between mobile network and Wi-Fi network will be diverted automatically and seamlessly ,for calls.
- Available at no additional charge, no extra app needed
Is there a VoWiFi service-subscription fee?
No, it is offered for free and without any additional charges whereas the voice calls and internet will be counted and billed as per the package you’re subscribed to.
What are the devices that support VoWiFi technology?
Currently, the service will be available on Mobily network on the below devices. We will add and announce more devices soon:
- HUAWEI P30 Pro
- HUAWEI Nova 4
- HUAWEI Nova 3i
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro
- HUAWEI P20 Pro
- HUAWEI Nova 7i
- HUAWEI Nova 3i
- HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro
- HUAWEI Mate 10
- PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate 10
- HUAWEI P30
- HUAWEI P40
- HUAWEI P40 Pro
- PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Mini
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- iPhone 7
What about other devices like Samsung?
The service will be available on other devices soon and we will announce accordingly.
Does this service work during roaming?
No, the service doesn’t work outside of Saudi Arabia.
How to activate VoWiFi technology on Huawei?
- Via Settings:
- Go to Settings
- Mobile network
- Mobile data
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Tap on the switch to enable Wi-Fi calling
Can I access through Personal Hotspot Connection?
Yes, you will still be able to place calls and SMS messages with Wi-Fi Calling through a Hotspot connection.
To enable the service on iPhone:
- Update the device to iOS 14.3
- Settings <<General<<About <<Carrier Settings Update<<then Settings<<Cellular<<activate WiFi Calling
For activation steps on iPhone, watch this video
- The service will be available for iPhone 7 & above.
- iPhone 6 will be supported later .
- The service will work only when there is no coverage or the coverage is weak at the customer’s site (such as high places and basements).
- The service never works if the device is in flight mode.